Sunday, March 18, 2018

Cover Page

     Today I decided to start planning my magazine's cover page. As said in my other posts, I'm planning on creating a blue or green color scheme with natural pictures. Due to this, the color of my font would probably look best if it were basic, like a black  or white. I'm planning on placing the title of my magazine on the top center of the page.
     After figuring out my font and colors, I tried to come up with a clever title for my magazine. At first, I had writer's block. It seemed that every good title was already taken, such as 'Wanderlust', 'Get Lost' and 'Travel'.


     As I kept brainstorming titles, I came up with "The Explorer". At first, I thought it was to basic, and probably too common of an idea, but as I analyzed other magazines, I found out that the title was perfect. It gave my magazine a sense of adventure, which could also be conveyed through the bright images and large, bold font.
     In class, I remember my teacher saying that magazines are often able to draw people's attention if they contain numbers on the cover page, like the three shown above. In order to incorporate numbers into my cover page, I'm planning on writing either "Top 10 places to visit" or "The 12 best spots." Even though I have that part figured out, I'm still trying to decide on what I want the other 'previews' to write. Since I want my magazine to be broadly around the world, my previews will each be from entirely different countries, or with completely different ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment