Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Double Page

     Today I started with the double page for my magazine. The first obstacle was choosing a topic to stick to. After much analysis of each of my 'featured' article topics, I decided to create the one that I am most passionate about. This one is the top 10 countries in the world.
     I desired to create a travel magazine because of my passion towards articles such as a 'top 10.' I have been traveling ever since I was a little over a year old. Since I've been to 60 countries, I'm well aware of those which are 'overrated' versus 'underrated.' My goal is to somewhat mold the opinions and perspectives of my target audience. In order to do this, it's a necessity to be persuasive and consistent within each country. 
     For the format of the 'article,' I'm planning on doing a countdown. First, the number (out of ten) which the country is rated will be displayed in large, bold numbers. The color must immediately draw the reader's attention to it and encourage them to continue reading. In addition to the number, Each country will have a different image. Each representing the country. Right under the picture, I'm planning on placing my explanation as to why that country was rated that number. Within the explanation, I will include some 'hotspots' among the country, traditional actives and food, details on the land as well as the aesthetics, possibly a brief history, and much more.  
     I'm expecting to be able to fit about 3 countries on a page due to all of the components surrounded around each individual country. If this is the case, then my two-page spread would most likely be able to cover 5 or 6 countries. It'll be difficult to include any more, especially since a title page must be present. I'm planning on having my title across the top third of the left page. By doing so, my target audience will be able to be aware of what they're reading. This style of formatting will also make the article easier to read as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment